CONDITIONS – Please read carefully
Your contract is with
Beauport Enterprises Limited trading as VIKING TRAVEL JERSEY which is used under licence from Preston Holidays (IP) Limited.
0844 770 0440
Fax: 0844 770 0880
Our Websites - www.vikingtravel.co.je
in England No. 6462364)
2. FINANCIAL PROTECTION – all monies paid to Beauport Enterprises Limited trading as Preston Holidays in respect of package holidays are financially protected in accordance with and compliance of the EC Directive on Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992-SI 3288/1992.
For package holidays only, we operate a special client account with . This arrangement means your money will be refunded or you will be brought back to the UK (where your contracted holiday arrangements include return travel to the UK) if already abroad in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
DEPOSIT & FINAL PAYMENT
– Unless you book 8 weeks or less prior to your departure date when
full payment is required at time of booking, you must pay us: -
a deposit as follows
balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 8 weeks prior to your
departure date. We reserve the right to cancel the booking, should we not
receive the balance by the due date indicated on your confirmation invoice, in
which case your liability will be limited to the deposit paid which is not
refundable. If you book 8 weeks or less prior to your departure we must received
payment in full at time of confirming your booking.
Deposit payments can be made by debit or credit card. Whilst balance payments
can be made by cheque*, debit or credit card. (all payments made by credit
card are subject to a 3% handling fee)
Deposit payments can be made by debit or credit card. Whilst balance payments can be made by cheque*, debit or credit card. (all payments made by credit card are subject to a 3% handling fee). *A cheque cannot be used a payment with in 28 days of travel.
4. TRAVEL INSURANCE – Comprehensive travel insurance is provided free to clients aged 85 years of age or under with all ferry inclusive package holidays for which Preston Holidays is an appointed representative of Gold Cover Insurance Services Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
5. AMENDMENTS – If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued you wish to alter your travel arrangements in any way (i.e. departure date, time, port or accommodation) we will do our utmost to assist you, although it may not always be possible to make an alteration to a booking. We will however make an administration charge of £20 per person, and any additional costs we incur in making this alteration. Should you wish to amend your booking with in 4 weeks prior to your date of departure, we reserve the right to make a charge equal to the below cancellation fee - see paragraph 6.
You or any member of your party may cancel your travel arrangements at any time.
This must be made in writing to Preston Holidays by the person who made the
booking on your behalf. If the cancellation results in a person travelling alone
a single supplement will be payable. Since we incur costs from the time your
booking is made, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to
the maximum set out below.
56 day or more prior to departure - deposit only.
days inc. – 50% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
days inc. – 70% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
days inc. – 80% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
-21 days inc. – 90% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
in 7 days of departure – 100% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
Note: If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy, you may be eligible to reclaim these charges (subject to any policy excess)
7. HOLIDAY PRICE – We reserve the right to change published holiday prices or offers at any time, however once you have booked your holiday and paid the appropriate amount on booking, the price of your holiday as shown on your invoice is guaranteed and will not change unless you alter your booking.
8. ITINERARIES – Published itineraries are intended for guidance only. Anticipated travel times will be shown on your confirmation invoice and final details will be provided closer to your departure date if at all different. Such itineraries will only be adhered to in so far as best practice in the operation of ships permit. Statutory speed limits, driver’s hours, and general sea conditions may require itineraries to be varied at the company's discretion. Weather delays may facilitate repatriation by surface transport for trips operated in the winter.
9. TOUR ALTERATIONS / CANCELLATIONS / DELAYS – We reserve the right to make minor alterations to the published tour/holiday details at our discretion. Where it is necessary to make material alterations, or cancel a particular tour we will do our utmost to ensure that you are informed without delay and offered an alternative tour/holiday if available. Should this be unacceptable we will arrange a full refund of all monies paid. Please note that refunds do not apply when changes are made to accommodation details – See paragraph 13. Regrettably, coastal resorts occasionally suffer sea mists, fog and strong winds. If either your outward or return journey is delayed, we recommend that you have sufficient funds to obtain additional meals and accommodation. Under certain circumstances these costs may be recovered by insurance, which is strongly recommended. No claim for compensation or expenses due to adverse weather conditions will be considered. If however clients wish to cancel due to such delays or cancellations of the transportation, then full cancellation charges will apply and clients will be required to have adequate travel insurance to cover such circumstances should the situation arise. It is our policy that once you have checked in you are the responsibility of the carrier. We cannot accept responsibility if you miss your departure because you check in late. Neither Preston Holidays nor any of our suppliers can be held responsible for any consequential loss.
– In the event that it is not possible to operate the fast ferry service,
passengers will be transferred to the next available Condor Ferries service.
– Include dinner with complimentary wine, bed & breakfast. Selected bar
drinks are also offered - these normally include a bitter & a lager, house
red & white wine, house spirits & draught mixers/soft drinks. Other
drinks may be purchased from the bar in the normal way. Your entitlement starts
at dinner on the day of arrival & ends with breakfast on the morning of
departure, irrespective of your travel times.
– Please note that we reserve the right to refuse to accept or retain any
person as a client if their conduct is disruptive and affects the enjoyment of
other holiday makers. We shall be under no liability for any costs incurred by
such a person as a result of doing so. Hoteliers, ferry operators, etc. are
legally entitled to deny admission or transport to any passengers acting in a
disorderly manner likely to affect the enjoyment of other holiday makers. Any
passenger who is denied admission or transportation shall be deemed to have
given notice of cancellation of his/her booking at the moment.
13. ACCOMMODATION – In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to vary the accommodation details published for each holiday or tour. In such an event we will provide alternative accommodation of an equal or higher grading.
14. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE – When you travel by coach or ship, the conditions of carriage of that coach or shipping company apply. Some of those conditions limit or exclude liability and are often subject of international agreement between countries. Copies of the conditions, which apply to your holiday journey, are available for inspection at the office of the carrier concerned. While we will always endeavor to perform our contract, we cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delays or cancellations caused by war or threat of war, sickness, bad weather, acts of governmental or public authority or other circumstances amounting to a ‘force majeure’.
15. GENERAL – Whilst exercising due diligence, neither Preston Holidays or any of our suppliers hold themselves liable for any loss, damage, delay, detention, injury or any other misadventure arising from any cause whatsoever.
16. COMPLAINTS – If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier in the first instance (e.g. Hotelier) & our head office support team on 0844 770 0660 whilst you are in resort, so as to enable us and/or our supplier to deal with this matter expediently. It is, therefore, a condition of this contract that you communicate any problem to the supplier of the services in question & our head office whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure, we cannot accept responsibility as we have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate & rectify the problem. Any complaints which cannot be resolved in resort, must be notified in writing to our customer relations department within 14 days of return. We regret that we cannot accept complaints after that time.
17. DATE OF ISSUE – 1 March 2016.
All information correct at time of publication – 1 March 2016. These terms & conditions supersede all previous editions.
© 2016 Preston Holidays (IP) Limited - Viking Travel Jersey and the Viking Jersey device are trademarks of Preston Holidays (IP) Limited